: || - HT-FEARS - || :
Welcome to HT-FEARS..
Please Log in or Register to have a fully Access in our Site..
Read the Rules and Regulation to Avoid Banned..
Thank You!!
Welcome to HT-FEARS..
Please Log in or Register to have a fully Access in our Site..
Read the Rules and Regulation to Avoid Banned..
Thank You!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share  | 

advice about change real age in account

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
___mole___
─ᴴᴵᴳᴴ ᴬᴰᴹᴵᴺ─
___mole___

advice about change real age in account Vide

PostSubject: advice about change real age in account   advice about change real age in account Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 pm

you most make an new 2 s/q

and wait 35 days after that you will be able to change it a syahoo says

http://www.yprofileblog.com/

UPDATE 7/28/09: Based largely off of the community’s response to this feature, we will be releasing a “patch” for this issue. This patch, which will be available on or around August 18th, 2009, will hide your age in your profile during the 35-day verification period.
Prior to August 17th, if you wish to have your age hidden, you must also hide your full profile (see below for instructions).
After August 17th, accounts that are in the midst of the 35-day waiting period, or, have just started it, will automatically have their ages hidden. Once your account has passed the 35-day verification period, you will have the option of hiding or showing your age. Thank you for your patience.
Following the announcement of the new age verification process, several of you had a variety of questions surrounding this new feature. Below, please find a list of the most commonly asked questions on this new topic:
Q: How do I know if I’ve started the 35-day waiting period?
A: The best and easiest way to tell is to click on your profile, and then click on the “Edit Profile” link. While on this page, if you do not have the option of editing your age, you have triggered the 35-day period and should be able to edit your age information within the next 35-days.
Q: How will I know when my 35-days have passed?
A: Currently, the only way to tell whether your 35-days have passed is to log into your profile and attempt to edit your age. We’re aware that this is frustrating to some users and are working on ways to alleviate this frustration.
Q: Right now my age shows on my profile-how do I hide this while I’m waiting for my 35-days to pass?
A: Currently, the only way to do this is to completely hide your profile while you’re waiting for your 35-days to pass. To do this: click on the “Settings” link located at the top right of your profile. Under the “Permissions” tab, you will see a “Hide My Profile” link located right above the “Save” button. Click on this link, and a pop-up confirmation message will appear. Select “Hide My Profile”, and your profile will remain hidden until you decide to unhide it. (Note: Your display name will still be visible to others even if you hide your profile).
Q: My age shows as one thing on my new profile, but that’s not what I had entered. What’s the deal?
A: In the past, you were able to share your age with Yahoo! in several places, including: your profile, the old profile, and your Account Management page. For some users, they showed one age on their profile, and another within their Account Management page. This change consolidated this information. Once your 35-days are up, you’ll be able to edit your age back to whatever you’d like, and it should remain this way across the network.
Q: Once my 35-days has passed, can I hide my age?
A: Yes! You’ll be given the option of hiding your age from your profile. However, it’s important to note that your age will still be visible to YOU but not your connections.
Q: I am under 18 or my child is under 18-I do NOT want my/their age showing. How can I prevent this from happening?
A: Users who are under the age of 18 will not have their age show while waiting for the 35-day period to pass. However, their age does, and will, show to their connections. This can be removed once the user has passed their 35-day waiting period.
Q: Will everyone’s age be editable in 35 days from the time of this announcement, or does everyone’s day vary?
A: UPDATE: The 35-day period is variable-this means that this process begins whenever you change your security questions. To jump start this process, please go to the login screen for Yahoo! and click “I can’t access my account” — if you have not already selected a new security question, you will be prompted to do so when you log in. Otherwise, you’ll be randomly prompted to change your security questions when you log in. For more information, please read this post from Yodel, our corporate blog: http://ycorpblog.com/2009/04/14/a-24...yahoo-account/
Q: Why are you making this change? It seems like it opens us up for more fraud than before. What gives?
A: By making this change, your data is actually more secure. Previously, you could have used your birthday as one of your security questions. This means that if someone knew your email address and your birthday, they could potentially log into your account without your permission. Now, you cannot use your birthday to verify your account, which ensures that your account and your data is more secure.
Q: If it’s so secure, why are you showing my birthday now?
A: Currently, we’re only showing your age (which you can hide by hiding your profile)-not your actual birthday. This setting is triggered AFTER you have changed your account verification question, ensuring that your identity is not up for grabs whilst you wait for your 35-day period to pass.
Q: Why could we hide our age before, and can’t hide it now?
A: Previously, users hid their age by selecting a “blank” space from the dropdown menu. This is not the intended behavior of profiles. Once you’re able to edit your profile you’ll have the option of hiding your age by selecting a “check box.” You will still be asked to enter your age, but this will not be publicly displayed.
While I know that this change may come as a surprise to many of you, it’s important to note that should you wish to hide your birthday while you’re waiting for your 35-day period to pass, you’re welcome to hide your profile completely. To do this, please follow the instructions above, or, follow this help link: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/pro...ssions/02.html
Melissa Daniels
Yahoo! Community Manager
Back to top Go down  

advice about change real age in account

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
: || - HT-FEARS - || :  :: ::| Yahoo |:: :: »¦« Yahoo Tutorials and Discussions »¦« -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com